Dike, TX

Matilda

Dike, TX

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Michael O'Brien Pickens, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
January 19, 2021
Dike, TX.jpeg
Mom and I fighting an industrial solar complex right in the middle of rare East Texas post oak forest. We would love any suggestions how to beat these guys.

Click the following link to read the article: https://www.ksstradio.com/2020/12/dike- ... Ht6V0vLbv8
Matilda

Re: Dike, TX

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Mom and I, is a issue needs to be all the community and adjacent landowners, conservation groups, wildlife groups, any one tied to timber industry or agriculture
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Michael O'Brien Pickens
Robert Fleming
we’ve got 400 signatures and counting. No one in town knew about the solar complex. County officials and the German solar company worked secretly for two years. The solar company gets a $100 million tax abatement and the school district gets a cut. Texas is a nightmare when trying to fight the energy industry
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Michael O'Brien Pickens
have you talked to your state representative?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
They have to follow criteria for public forums!!!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Michael O'Brien Pickens
I agree it started with Obama now continues strong with Biden! What about your school board members have you talked to them?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Michael O'Brien Pickens
Robert Fleming
it’s not Obama or Biden. Here in Texas it’s a pro business tax break for energy plants that went in here statewide in the late 90’s. In fact, Obama’s clean water act would have prevented solar from showing up in our forested wetlands but Trump removed the federal mandate and of course anti environmental regulation Texas makes the act optional
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Michael O'Brien Pickens
well you seem more educated on the subject than I, elected officials of the state must investigate, environmental groups should be alarmed in the wetlands ! What county are you in?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Michael O'Brien Pickens
David Dunagan, save van zandt county
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Crooked, crooked, crooked, tax authorities have to post for a public forum, Moira Killian Davis
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Donna Taylor Bouchie
We all need to get "required notices" out of papers & into another method of modern age communication!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Lynne Bruning
Are the site plan, environmental report, decommissioning report online for the public to view?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Michael O'Brien Pickens
Lynne Bruning
no, nothing. The whole project has been kept under wraps. They are approaching landowners to log over 1,000 acres of forest 🌳. My mom included
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Aidan Nicholson
Plant endangered flower species
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Lynne Bruning
This is a list of questions I assembled as I fought UK developer Eden Renewables two 5MWac solar energy resources at 13590 Duanesburg Road, Delanson, Schenectady County, New York.
https://duanesburgneighbors.com/2020/03 ... VrkCHC0lA0

Return to “Hopkins County”