Birch Solar Industrial Project

Matilda

Birch Solar Industrial Project

Post by Matilda »

Post Shared By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
January 24, 2021

Here is an example of a problem local residents may have to endure during construction of a solar project.
Jim Thompson III shared a link to the group: Lima Ohio Birch Solar Industrial Project
January 21, 2021

ATTENTION: In speaking with a former project manager, at a massive solar development being constructed in a neighboring community, I want to share with those of you near the planned Birch Solar project with respiratory conditions the following...

The amount of dust that will be created during construction, picked up by the prevailing winds, and spread across our properties will be significant. Although the developer stated they will comply with Ohio EPA Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan regulations, these regulations only state that a contractor apply water to a site (to control dust) as they, the contractor, feel is needed.

This was a problem at the solar project near by as a resident local to the project had to request ambulatory care on at least one occasion as a result of the massive amounts of airborne dust generated at that project site.

As this project continues to move forward through the OPSB application phase, I encourage those of you with respiratory problems to encourage the developer to publicly state how they will control construction dust, ask to see how they are requiring a contractor control dust (in the construction plans and specifications) and how will dust control be enforced if plans/specifications are not adhered to.

I also encourage those of you, or family members, who have respiratory problems make your concerns publicly known on the Ohio Power Siting Board website for this project. This can be done by clicking on the link below.
https://puco.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/pu ... 2OTYdObnkM

Return to “Allen County”