Joint BZA and CPA Meeting

Matilda

Joint BZA and CPA Meeting

Post by Matilda »

Post Shared By: Facebook User Ruthann Wike, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
January 26, 2021
Jennifer Knebel Pulaski County Against Solar Project
January 26, 2021

Several of us working against industrial solar in Pulaski County, attended the joint BZA and CPA meeting at the County highway garage last night.

We learned that another application from the same company, was submitted to our BZA.

This industrial solar project consists of another 4600 acres, larger than the first.

While we were all disappointed, we were far from surprised. There is no more transparency now than there was when the first project was learned this past June.

Our elected officials we're still working on solar ordinances at last night's meeting.

At the end of the meeting, several of us ask questions to the boards. We asked why a moratorium had not been placed on solar for Pulaski County. A moratorium would allow the county sufficient time to make sure the ordinances created, would best protect ALL residents of Pulaski County and possibly deter other solar companies from submitting additional applications.

NOT ONE elected official offered an explanation or reason.

After asking the question a second time, Nathan Origer, Pulaski County's Economic Development person, explained that the County's attorney advised against a moratorium.

So just for the record, I would like all Pulaski County residents to understand that the county attorney appears to be making the decision for thousands upon thousands of acres of our agricultural farmland to be contracted to industrial solar projects.

I would think that the residents of Pulaski County would have a huge problem with ONE PERSON making the decision to change the face of Pulaski County forever.

Given this, Pulaski County will never have the ability to say no to an Industrial Solar Company's request.

Specific changes to the ordinances would make Pulaski County less attractive to large solar companies, but our elected officials have not stepped up to the plate.

I smell a rat(s).

Return to “Pulaski County”