Todays Update - Searchable Information

Share your thoughts, ideas, time and talents.
Save Our Farmland

Todays Update - Searchable Information

Post by Save Our Farmland »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 4, 2020
safe_image.php.jpeg
Today's Update

I want to update everyone on today’s events. Due to users getting kicked off Facebook and having posts deleted, combined with posts not getting shared and individuals not being able to search for individuals post contents, we have decided to start posting copies of links and posts that have been made on the Stop Solar Farms FB Group page, BY SELECT INDIVIDUALS, that have given us permission.

By using the Stop Solar Farms website, we are able to preserve this information in a format that will allow our volunteers and members to search for specific words or information they have posted in the past.

This will help our volunteers to have vital information at their finger tips, that can be used when answering questions from new users and guests.

For anyone concerned about having their information made public, besides the fact that anything posted on Facebook is already public, we understand the desire for some individuals to keep certain their name and/or certain comments private.

As such, we will not be posting information from users that request privacy. We will also be using initials, screen names, pen names or anon names for any individual requesting it.

For an example of the format we plan on using, you can visit the following sample page. Please remember, the format may change. This is simply a test at this point.

One other thing. If anyone wants to test this out for us, would you mind using your browser to conduct a “find on this page” and type in multiple words such as a phrase that you see on the page we are linking to, then let us know if it will pull up or highlight the phrase. Then let us know what browser you are using, the version # and if you are on a computer, android, iphone or some type of pad, etc.
If this will work for a majority of individuals, we think it could become an extraordinary asset.

You can test it at: https://stopsolarfarms.com/user-stop-so ... IBaTsbX0fI
Save Our Farmland

Re: Todays Update - Searchable Information

Post by Save Our Farmland »

Betty Baker
I was able to search ok, I use firefox 72.0.1. I think that would be a handy way to find old information, but on another note, how about if we only wanted some of our posts saved or shared? Could that be done?

Return to “Helping Others”