Searchable Site

Share your thoughts, ideas, time and talents.
SAm S

Searchable Site

Post by SAm S »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 2, 2020

Today’s Thoughts

As I get older, one of my greatest challenges is remembering things. So much information flows into my head, that some of it has to leave, to make room for new info.

For example, on Facebook, I am linked to so many anti-solar and wind groups, that I can not remember where I saw a post and specific numbers used in that post or where a link pointed to.

That causes problems when I am trying to respond to someone that is looking for help. So, I am looking for solutions.

My first thought is to create ONE master group and have all of our volunteers “share” comments from their group, to that one master group.

My next thought is to see what the legal regulations are concerning sharing comments from facebook groups on an outside source. I know that years ago, there was a website that allowed anyone to see facebook posts without being logged in, but that site is gone and I don’t know if it was forced to stop or quit by it’s own choice.

IF, it would be legal to share posts from select groups, (with permission of the group admins) then I would propose we create a website with search capabilities, that would allow users to conduct a quick search for one term or phrase, in order to quickly pull up an old post that would contain the data they are looking for.

So, what do others think about this idea? Can we and should we look into an idea like this? What would be the down side vs the upside?
SAm S

Re: Searchable Site

Post by SAm S »

Betty Baker
According to one of those "on-line, ask an attorney" sites, there were THREE attorneys posted comments three years ago stating, "Anything posted on Facebook is public and there is no presumption of privacy. It is not illegal to screenshot and share a Facebook post. BUT keep in mind, that was posted three years ago, and as we can tell by watching riots and other events on the news, apparently what is legal and not legal, now depend on what political party you belong to.
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

David Herman
If any anti-wind or anti-solar group page admins or other web designers want to collaborate on ideas for a new “shared” website, please join the private group: Preservation of Natural Resources ORG
at https://www.facebook.com/groups/savenaturalresources
Thanks
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

Norman Stephens
If a post or a video is truly sensational, I save it in documents or downloads on my computer. I copy and paste almost every day.
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

David Herman
I am glad to see others saving things on their own computer, especially since Facebook likes to delete and ban content they don't approve of.
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

Zonda Weatherford Stead
I have had the same issue - sometimes hard to find where I was trying to post to because I am part of so many groups now.
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

David Herman
I think having a place set up where we can search for vital information that has been posted, would be a great time saving asset. So we plan on continuing that design, at least for our most devout volunteers. After it is up and running, hopefully more individuals will let us do the same with their posts.
SAm S

Post by SAm S »

Zonda Weatherford Stead
David Herman
Absolutely!!!!

Return to “Helping Others”