Solar Panel Noise

Matilda

Solar Panel Noise

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 2, 2020

A couple of days ago, one of the groups from Indiana, posted a comment about them attending a town meeting and discussing a noise level limit. I'm getting to old to remember things such as what group it was.
If anyone here has a link to that comment, would you please tell me where I can find it, because we have someone in Texas that is needing some guidelines on proposals for their community.
Thanks
Matilda

Re: Solar Panel Noise

Post by Matilda »

Older Bikers
David, You need more coffee or a bike ride. 🤪The answer to your question is in this Stop Solar Farm Group, It is down on this page, several days back. It starts with: Jennifer Knebel
Some of us with, Pulaski County Against Industrial Solar, (Indiana) attended county meetings last night, lasting 3 1/2 hours.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
It's wasn't just coffee I needed. I also REALLY need to jump on my scooter and put this work behind me. Maybe it is time for another coast to coast ride, but due to temps coming, it would have to be the southern route.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
Yes, it was me. Most counties we checked with were at the 40 decibel level. Ours agreed on 50.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Thank you for sharing that Jennifer. I sent a copy of that information to someone from Texas that is just now starting to fight against a chinese group wanting to build a solar project in their community and was looking for documentation to use in a letter she would be sending out to other residents.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Sherri Gilliland Brantley
Jennifer Knebel
I just found out about 1 coming in beside me! On 2 sides! Idk where or who to go to for help!
So the solar farms do make noise? I was told they didnt. Of course by the person who will be making $ off of it!😭
In Texas
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
is it the first in your county?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
From what we understand, there is a hum from panels, but most noise is from inverters and battery storage units.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
What county in TX do you live in? We might be able to let you know if there are any projects close enough for you to check out. Also we may have a contact close enough to share info with you.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Milam County, Texas
It would be FM 3242 Cameron, TX
I would love a contact! I am just sick about this!
Thanks!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Thank you for sharing, we will reach out to a couple of out Texas contacts and see if they will allow us to share their email address with you.

Return to “Solar Panels and Health Effects”