County Comprehensive Plan

For neighbors that are not part of a larger organized community organization.
Matilda

County Comprehensive Plan

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Renee Marie, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 16, 2020

Hey friends. What’s the point of a county having a Comprehensive Plan if they don’t follow it, especially if it is written from the perspective that the development of utility scale solar may impact “the rural ambiance of the county communities and impact the agricultural base that is so important to the county.”
Matilda

Re: County Comprehensive Plan

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
We have been told by our county planning director that it’s just something required by the state that they have to do... they sure spend a lot of time and money to create something they don’t go by 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Renee Marie
Blake Newkirk
what a waste:
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Renee Marie
Blake Newkirk
i net they’d follow it in other circumstances
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
Renee Marie
whenever it benefits them lol
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Dale Frankhouser
Goes to show that the states have no problem whatsoever with wasting taxpayer money. MUST have a comprehensive plan but can ignore it. Ours didn't even want to see a golf course on AG land but Industrial use with hundreds of thousands of solar panels -- that's ok?!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
Dale Frankhouser
a golf course would at least bring steady tax income and jobs... I don’t understand the push for utility scale solar
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Dale Frankhouser
Blake Newkirk
Because some obtain millions of dollars of tax credits for an energy source that is not only dangerous to the environment and inefficient and a waste of money -- but it is not their money they are wasting -- it's ours, while they cash in. The $$ comes from federal tax credits -- scam created to enrich a few. And then when the damage results, again it will be OUR burden to take care of it.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
Dale Frankhouser
yep!!! Such a mess!!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Denise Spooner
I’ve emailed the APA (American Planning Association) PAS (Planning Advisory Service) Memo. It is by Darren Coffey, AICP.

It is a great memo for several reasons, but it also addresses the Comprehensive Plan and that it should be VERY clear on Renewable Energy projects. The Comprehensive Plan is supposed to be all about what the people want/desire for their county! WE should have the say.

Also, - this memo says that solar shouldn’t be placed on Prime Farmland.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Denise Spooner
it's a great report. Highly informative.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Denise Spooner
What is sad is that many Planning Commissions have no idea about this Planning Advisory Memo. They are not reading it and are lazy, uneducated, ignorant, & or even corrupt. They allow the Planning Director to do the research or the attorney and then tell them what to do. It is pathetic.....and as I have traveled around to different Counties, it is sad that most seem like they don’t care to research or want to know more. They act as if Solar is their financial “savior” and they will get all this money and they have no thought to the consequences of their actions. They don’t like the people of the community coming, getting in their faces, and telling them how to do their job. They act as if WE are the problem and have an attitude of “how dare we question their decisions.” They forget who they serve! I guess some lawsuits are going to have to remind them!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
I have had many chances to file lawsuits throughout my lifetime and have never considered it. BUT, now I am ready. To see decades of hard work go down the tubes is not right. Loosing a home is loosing a dream. So, if anyone finds an attorney licensed in Indiana willing to file lawsuits against local elected officials, the electric companies involved in these projects or even the sales reps spreading lies to get farmers and politicians to side the them, please let me know. I al also filing a lawsuit against a neighbor, but I already have an attorney in mind for that suit, however I would be willing to change if I find a better one. And I am not even interested in winning any money, I just want to hold others accountable for their actions.

Return to “Neighbors Against Solar Farms”