What Studies Used?

Suzy

Re: What Studies Used?

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
The main studies that I have seen are Cohn Reznick, Andrew Lines, and the information from Richard Kirkland Appraisals. There is also a flyer put out by SEIA (Solar Energy Industries Association) that tries to mention all of these and then attempts to claim that those opposing views are “myths”. The truth is that what is within all of the mentioned studies that the Developers used is NOT what is being proposed. They are lying to us all, ~ no doubt about that. Here are the pics of that flier:
denise-1.jpg
denise-1.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Notice that photo in the flyer.....where are all the houses? 🤔 hmmm....where are the ones surrounded on 2, 3, and 4 sides with chain link and barbed wire??
denise-2.jpg
denise-2.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Notice they say “harmony with nearby residential homes”.....well, where are the homes?????
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Denise Spooner
where are you located?
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Madison County, Indiana ....look for the Solar Crisis in Madison County, Indiana Facebook page. I am a licensed real estate broker who stood up for our community to fight this. I proved the appraiser working for the Solar Developer lied and misrepresented data to our Board Of Zoning Appeals. He called them errors....I said he was purposefully attempting to mislead the BZA. But if there are mistakes, then his report is NOT credible. We are awaiting the outcome of our lawsuit any day. It has been a long year of battle, ~ but I have never stopped educating about solar and helping other counties all over.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Todd McCauslin
Denise Spooner
yep, our certified litigation appraiser ripped apart the Lines study...
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Todd McCauslin
yes!!! Mr. Heckman is my hero:). Would you happen to have copies of his reports? I would love to have the written information for my files that I’ve been emailing to other counties to help them battle. Thanks!
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Denise Spooner
is your suit against the developer or the county?
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Renee Marie
both...when we sued our County for passing the horrendous project, we also had to name the solar farm, which is Lone Oak Solar Farm, LLC - a project by Invenergy.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Todd McCauslin
Denise Spooner
how did your suit turnout and if you send PM your email I will send you Heckman study...
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Francine Ide
Denise Spooner
I would welcome any information! We have been fighting wind for over a year and are now being approached for solar. Looking for any and all research to pass along to our Board or Supervisors.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
send me a message with your email
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Francine Ide
Denise Spooner
Sent you a PM.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Also, I have seen where the developer has used the TX University study to show that property values are not injured. The Solar Developer for Howard County, tried using it. Well, either they did not read it or they are not smart enough to decipher and understand it. That study clearly expresses injury to property values with the increase of MW, the increase of land involved, and the decrease of setback standards. There is also evidence that shows the citing of solar is done where people have lower incomes....it is interesting that low income is a factor!
What do we have to combat all these lying real estate studies:
*We have 6 months of data that I have collected from Madison County, IN
*We have the Fred Beck Appraisal study that was done in NC that clearly shows injury to properties, including 19 homes that were permitted to appeal their home assessments resulting in over $500,000 of loss of value.
*We have the TX University study
*We have the latest and new study from Rhode Island University that evaluated solar farms in Rhode Island and Massachusetts that clearly shows injury to home values
*We have the recent testimony of Mark Heckman, Appraiser from PA who testified that home values would be injured (I am still in the process of getting his documentation)
*We have an MAI Appraiser, Mary McClinton Clay of KY who has written documentation evaluating the Cohn Reznick and Kirkland studies that blows them out of the water and exposes their inaccuracies, misleading, and false information.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Michael O'Brien Pickens
Denise Spooner
that will help us thank you. We are in east Texas and foreign solar companies are coming in from everywhere into populated farm land using a Texas tax abatement. Awful stuff
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
this is an issue of national security... both with foreign countries buying up land AND our food supply (present and future).
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Francine Ide
Following

Return to “Property Values”