SAGA of the JOINT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT

Suzy

SAGA of the JOINT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT

Post by Suzy »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Ellie Hud, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 20, 2020
ellie-JDA.jpg
ellie-JDA.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Here is THE SAGA of the JOINT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TOWN OF HOLLAND AND RANGER POWER

For some reason Chairman Don Becker felt he had to treat the drawing up of this JDA as though you had to have TOP SECRET CLEARANCE to read it before it was finished.

At one point Don Becker was so paranoid I would find out what he and the board members were talking about behind closed doors that he called the police on me to have me thrown out of the Town Hall. I was not thrown out because I had not done anything wrong. I reported Don Becker to the Sheboygan District Attorney and Don Becker is presently under investigation.

Then through the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Act I requested a copy of the JDA and Don Becker incurred a $500 legal bill (the lawyer charged $250 per hours) to draft a letter to me telling me they were not going to send it to me and if I wanted to pursue the matter they would see me in court.
This is $500 of Town of Holland taxpayer's money.

My legal advisors told me that in fact I had every right to read that JDA. At the point I requested it. Out of respect for my fellow Town of Holland taxpayers I didn't pursue it in the courts because all of Don Becker's and Supervisor's legal fees would have been charged to us...the residents.

Don Becker's arrogance, in my opinion, has no bounds.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

Town Clerk Janelle Kaiser finally sent me a copy of the 22 page JDA last week. Guess what? Ranger Power supplied the working template for the JDA to the Board. NOTE: the Board is suppose to be looking out for resident's best interests. NOT playing ball with Ranger Power.

In my opinion, there is nothing in the 22 pages of this JDA that could not have been discussed by the Board members in Open Session in front of the public. Why all the secrecy? Instead the Board met in SECRET Closed Session for I'm estimating at least 8 sessions. I wonder how much they billed the taxpayers for all those SECRET meetings.

What was all the SECRECY about? Does Chairman Becker have an inflated sense of his own importance and that's why he had to create such DRAMA around this JDA? There are some items in the JDA that I will be bringing to everyone's attention.

Residents of Town of Holland I'm forewarning you now-you are NOT going to be happy! RECALL ANYONE?

Return to “Onion River Project”