Motion Detected Lighting

Suzy

Motion Detected Lighting

Post by Suzy »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Julie Aikens Langan, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
November 11, 2020

Does anyone have any information on the use of motion detected lighting used for these massive solar installations ? In our rural area I'm wondering if the hillside is going to light up every time a bat flies by or an animal is hunting. Pictures maybe or guide me to something I can show our Town Board. Thank you.
Suzy

Re: Motion Detected Lighting

Post by Suzy »

Ann Marie Fisher
Well Julie you won't have to worry about bats or birds flying by or wildlife hunting because they will all be decimated or leave this area for good
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Julie Aikens Langan
So, they are going to plant "Butterfly and Bee" grass after they dig and install these things. Don't they get hot ? Wouldn't a butter fly fry if he lands on them ?
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Patsy Conyers
I was not aware of motion sensors being placed in an industrial solar field, but now that you have opened my eyes to this issue I did a fast search & could not find any info that lays out the cons to this practice. Will be curious to see if someone has info concerning this. I think you have broached a valid issue.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Julie Aikens Langan
In their plans they say there are 9 foot tall motion detecting lights. I assume for security purposes. So if they go off all the time our peaceful country hillside will be continually lit up like a Christmas tree during the night ?
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Patsy Conyers
Here in Henry County, IN our planning commission has written a solar ordinance which does nothing to protect the citizens. I started reading the re-write today. Now I will keep my eyes open for any motion detecting lights. Thank you.

Return to “Solar Energy Information”