Lima Ohio Birch Solar Industrial Project

Mary

Lima Ohio Birch Solar Industrial Project

Post by Mary »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Jim Thompson III, in the Facebook Group: Lima Ohio Birch Solar Industrial Project
December 4, 2020

Ok everyone... I warned of a time when we will be requesting donations above and beyond that for signs/shirts. Now is the time!

We have put together a committee comprised of residents whom many may know. 1) Mark Wellman, 2) Andy Farley, 3) Mike Treveer, 4) Thomas Hull, 5) Anita Doll, 6) Jeremy Bowersock, 7) Ann Fisher, 8) Stacy Brenemman, and myself to assist with consolidating our groups concerns (to be published soon), help set our path forward and oversee the accounting/handling of money. Committee members are located in each County and Township of the proposed development so I feel we have good representation across the board. Additionally, we have a local accountant/CPA volunteering time to assist with making sure our bookkeeping is "right, tight, and legal".

I know "things" have been somewhat silent in regards to our efforts with fighting this industrial solar development however we have been busy behind the scenes.. Wanting to set up our group to be as effective and transparent as possible has taken a bit more time than anticipated however it was important to us to ensure we are doing things right and have accountability to you as a group.

I believe we are to that point however need additional financial resources to take our efforts "to the next stage". Our primary goal will be to secure the services of a highly touted and firmly established environmental engineer who is not only familiar with the Ohio Public Siting Board process but has been very active assisting group like ours in the past.

Again, we felt if we are going to fight we might as well fight with one of the best on our side!

Also, soon we will have a website up and running, www.againstbirchsolar.com, which we hope will be a better place to obtain specific information regarding this project as opposed to having to "hunt and peck" for it on this Facebook Group.. The website is not yet "live" however stay tuned to this group for updates.

Some have inquired as having another group meeting, as we did at Shawnee Alliance in November. This too is being considered however with the increased public health mandates this makes such meetings more tricky. I just wished to comment on this as I know keeping each and everyone of you updated is important and we are hoping to do this via Facebook, the website and emails until a better solution is arrived at. (Zoom meetings may be a possibility however are limited to the number who can participate and the length of the online meeting... unless we wish to pay to upgrade from the free service.)

I humbly ask you to consider donating to our fight. If you have already made a donation, I first thank you for doing so and ask if they might a chance we can count on your assistance again. If you have any questions that need to be answered to assist with your decision making process I encourage you to reach out to us and ask. If you would prefer to make a donation to our group and wish not to do it online, checks can be made out to Against Birch Solar, LLC. Wanting to comply with all local public health mandates, if you wish we come to you to collect donations (and/or drop off a sign) we will be happy to do so. Just contact Ann Fisher.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/against-birc ... -_EfbLDtRE

Return to “Allen County”