Intervenor Status

Darla

Intervenor Status

Post by Darla »

Post Shared By: Facebook User Ruthann Wike, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
December 31, 2020

Many of us are fighting this same fight
Ellie Hud
December 23, 2020
ellie-6.jpeg
ellie-6.jpeg (6.14 KiB) Viewed 758 times
It's been one year since Ranger Power Rep Jeff Rauh appeared unannounced on our doorstep to notify us of Ranger Power's plans to build a one thousand acre solar plant in our backyard.

Life as I'd known it changed for me in an instant.

My own Town Board has totally aligned itself with Ranger Power. The two worked out a Joint Development Agreement without once asking for public input. Like how do we feel about Ranger Power being allowed to construct this monstrosity seven days a week.

That's right, not one day off from the noise, dust and relentless hammering in of steel struts into the ground. Relentless thumping noise seven days a week.

What's wrong with this picture? At the 11th hour I found out I could request intervenor status in the application: process.

Just the other day I finished preparing my written testimony along with exhibits. I stayed up all night to finish everything. All my files had to be uploaded to the docket by 1:30pm this past Friday. Only problem was, the system went on the blink. Eventually everything got sorted out but talk about stress!!!!

Someone really needs to write a handbook for those of us going through this process of fighting off these mega solar factories. There is no system in place to help educate the general public as to our rights.

I suppose that's how the system gets away with what it does. Keep us off balance and ignorant of how we can fight back.

The entire systems appears to be rigged against the people whose properties border these industrial solar plants.

It's a regular free for all out there and we property owners are caught in the cross-hairs.
Darla

Re: Intervenor Status

Post by Darla »

Lynne Bruning
What town, county, state are you in? An opposition group within your own state will be the most help.
Darla

Post by Darla »

David Herring
It’s crazy how the government believes this is the cure to America and other countries electric needs!!! Taking all this valuable agricultural property which feeds us daily and generates so much income into the local economy!!!! We must all stand together and bring light to what’s wrong with solar!!!! Florida panhandle resident!!!
Darla

Post by Darla »

Sharon Woolf
Here in the UK we are facing similar battles 😢

Return to “How Solar Farms Affected My Life”