Middleburg, New York: East Light Partners 20 MW/AC

lbruning

Middleburg, New York: East Light Partners 20 MW/AC

Post by lbruning »

Patsy Nicosia article in the Cobleskill Times Journal November 10, 2020
https://www.timesjournalonline.com/arti ... ?id=105248

"East Light Partners, a Cambridge, Massachusetts firm, is looking at building a 20-megawatt solar project on 125-150 acres mostly surrounding the Middleburgh Rod & Gun Club.
The Rod & Gun Club doesn’t want it there, said John Wingfield, a member asked to sit in on talks with ELP; Mr. Wingfield also chairs Middleburgh’s Zoning Board of Appeals and is retired from the New York Power Authority.
And both Middleburgh Supervisor Wes Laraway and Mayor Trish Bergan are adamant that large-scale solar has no place in their community.
“Every single trustee I’ve talked to and myself as mayor, we’re all opposed to this,” Mayor Bergan said Friday.
“This has no place in an agricultural, historic place like Middleburgh. Is there someplace here that’s appropriate for it? I don’t know. I can’t think of anywhere.”
Because of its size—20-megawatts—the proposed Middleburgh project would be an Article 23—2020’s version of Article 10—which means approval would be up to the state."
Suzy

Re: Middleburg, New York: East Light Partners 20 MW/AC

Post by Suzy »

Seems like nobody cares about historical areas anymore. It is really a sad commentary on what our beautiful country is becoming!

Return to “Schoharie County”