Operation Crossover

Widowmaker

Operation Crossover

Post by Widowmaker »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
September 29, 2020

Operation Crossover

I have been looking up local county facebook pages for political groups, then asking state and local officials their viewpoint how far away solar "farms" or projects should be from residential homes.

I don't expect much response, but I figure if we can get enough people complaining about solar panels or wind by residential, it may may them think about future votes.

If you need someone to post a question to your local officials, let me know. Don't care what state you are in. After all, who knows, I may have to move if I can't stop the local farm.
Widowmaker

Re: Operation Crossover

Post by Widowmaker »

Jennifer Knebel

Some of us with, Pulaski County Against Industrial Solar, (Indiana) attended county meetings last night, lasting 3 1/2 hours. Ordinances discussed included sound, set back distances, property value guarantees.

They agreed on sound at 50 decibels, but didn't come to agreement on the other two yet.

Our current ordinance says 75' set back. BZA recommended 150'. Developer agreed to the 150'. Economic Director said he didn't agree. He wants solid reason why it should be 150'. Said if we can't provide solid reason, the developer should be able to use more of the ground they have contracted.

If the developer agreed to 150', then why on Earth wouldn't the ED provide this to the non- participating families effected? ED said he doesn't want future lawsuits from other companies if the set back can't be justified.

I've heard time and time again from these county officials that they are concerned about lawsuits from these decisions. If the risk is that great and we STILL haven't heard the GREAT financial benefits to the county, why would you risk your county, families, etc.

There's more to this than we all know.

Return to “Uniting to Fight Proposed Solar & Wind Projects”