Right To Know-Town of Holland WI

SS & FA

Right To Know-Town of Holland WI

Post by SS & FA »

Ellie Hud Posted a Comment in the Stop Solar Farms Facebook Group

May 1, 2020
The Public's Right To Know

I've been absent for a couple of days dealing with a family emergency. As I was tending to it I kept thinking, I shouldn't have to be dealing with a serious family matter AND have to fight off these solar energy carpetbaggers at the same time!

Anyway, I want to write a post about the public's right to know. I didn't know this until people who have been fighting solar and wind turbines in their own communities long before us clued me in.

The public has a right to request information from our local and state officials, Since finding this out I have been requesting information from our Township clerk.

I can tell she and by association the Township Chairman don't like it one bit but by law they must comply. They tend to drag their feet getting the info to me in a timely fashion even though, to my understanding, by law, she has ten days to get the info to me.

Right now I put in a request for all email correspondence and snail mail correspondence between Ranger Power and the Town of Holland.

Should be interesting if there is some and if so, what has been communicated between our extremely pro-Ranger Power Township Board and Ranger Power itself.

I'll keep everyone posted on this matter.

Return to “Wisconsin”