Talked To A Real Estate Agent Yesterday

SS & FA

Post by SS & FA »

Facebook User Ellie Hud Posted a Comment in the Stop Solar Farms Facebook Group

3/21/20

When I asked the Ranger Power reps, "What about my property value" when they told me they would be surrounding my property with 20,000 solar panels. Their response was, "Oh we haven't found there's any impact on property values."

So I decided to call a real agent who has listed a property 1 mile west of me. This agent is familiar with the proposed solar farm. I explained to her where I live and that 20,000 solar panels will be surrounding me should this solar farm move forward.

Guess what her unchecked knee jerk reaction was? She groaned but quickly caught herself. She tried covering by saying, "Well there will be some buyers who won't want to go near a property surrounded by solar panels. And then there will be those who believe in going green and it won't bother them."

I said. "Do you agree with my assessment? Do you agree that these 20,000 solar panels will give a potential buyer a Huge BARGAINING CHIP when it comes to negotiating a lower purchase price?"

She aid, "Yes!"

I rest my case.
SS & FA

Re: Talked To A Real Estate Agent Yesterday

Post by SS & FA »

David Herman Responded with a Comment in the Stop Solar Farms Facebook Group

Thank You for sharing your news.

That gives me an idea. I may know of someone that used to have a real estate license.
Maybe I can get her to check with some type of national organization to see how much solar farms REALLY depreciate home values.

If I find anything out, I will share it here and maybe others can check on this also.

If we can get documented facts and figures, it will help in lawsuits, petitions and other paperwork we can present to town boards and politicians.
Matilda

Re: Talked To A Real Estate Agent Yesterday

Post by Matilda »

Julie Aikens Langan
Did you ever find anything further on this ?

Return to “Property Values”