Invenergy in Cambridge, WI

Matilda

Invenergy in Cambridge, WI

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Ellie Hud, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
January 16, 2021
invenergy.jpg
invenergy.jpg (9.23 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
invenergy1.jpg
invenergy1.jpg (5.27 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
ANOTHER BUCOLIC WISCONSIN RURAL COMMUNITY AMBUSHED BY INDUSTRIAL SOLAR PLANT!

I have two things for you today:

#1: a firsthand account of what's going on in Cambridge, WI, where Invernergy wants to build a gigantic industrial solar plant. Here is one resident's firsthand account:

For those asking, I am in Cambridge, WI - Town of Christiana where the Koshkonong Solar "Farm" is planned - it is ENORMOUS. This area has always been called the "Koshkonong Prairie" - so when Invenergy came to my house (I am a non participating property owner) and said "won't it be great to have the birds and butterflies come back as the prairie is restored between the Solar panels!" I pretty much choked and then laughed in his face and said, "I wasn't aware the birds and butterflies left..." clearly they will now with 2100 acres of panels planned for the area and I will be surrounded on three sides.

Also, to back up with what some others have said about piggy backing on this project - we know of another company (EDF Renewables) who is now offering leases to land owners next to this project to the West (toward Madison). There may literally be a "solar corridor" along US Hwy 12 from Cambridge to Madison.

#2: I had a request to join our group from a woman who as I understand it is paid by Invenergy to take the pulse of what people are thinking about industrial solar. I declined her but days later she requested to join a second time. So I sent her a facebook message. Here is a transcript of our back and forth:
ME:
I'm writing regarding your request to join The Onion River Project group. I am interested in knowing why you wish to join us
Invenergy Rep:
Hi Ellie (my daughter's name is Ellie!). I like to see what people from different perspectives are saying about solar in Wisconsin. My children think it is great, but my older neighbor does not like the thought of it. I feel that discussion and communication are key to learning from others.

ME:
I would be happy to dialogue with you privately via messenger. If you are interested in what the people in our group think and feel about industrial solar plants you can read our posts and comments as our group is listed as public. My understanding is that you are in the employ of Invenergy which tells me you are being paid to propagandize on their behalf. I've no doubt you and I can learn a lot from each other but that will have to be done privately via facebook messenger.
Karen

Re: Invenergy in Cambridge, WI

Post by Karen »

Lynne Bruning
The developers primary concern is a short Return On Investment. Dismantling the opposition is just the beginning of their efforts to provide their investors a high ROI.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Dru Lampe Pritchard
Invenergy is planning a solar farm in my neighborhood as well, over 2200 acres in central Ohio. We will be surrounded on three sides too. They have already sent "good neighbor agreements" to many of the surrounding property owners. We are beekeepers and they are trying to tell us that they will plant helpful foliage around the solar panels. We also are a field away from prairie land adjacent to the Big Darby Creek, a state protected and scenic waterway. How are 8 foot barbed wire fences suppose to be wildlife friendly?
Karen

Post by Karen »

Lynne Bruning
Dru Lampe Pritchard
will the project use herbicides? What is project’s storm water pollution plan? Review site plan for “seeding” requirements. Just because the developer says they are pollinator friendly does not mean that is what is required in the documents.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Julie Aikens Langan
The only ones for these are those that stand to financially gain ! Until it's in their backyard !
Karen

Post by Karen »

Dorothy Tullis Herring
This is happening all over the United States!! When will government learn we must have food also. Lots of ways to get energy but only one for food

Return to “Dane County”