Wildlife vs Solar Panels

Information on lawsuits and other legal cases against Solar
Widowmaker

Wildlife vs Solar Panels

Post by Widowmaker »

rawfish_20200729_171529a.jpg
Wife feeding the fish. She can not walk across grass and has to use a golf cart to get to the pond.

I would like to find out if anyone has noticed any federal, state or local regulations that prohibit the building of Industrial Solar Projects in any area that “could” have a negative effect on wildlife?

The land I live on has multiple fish ponds, that I dug by myself, in order to allow my handicapped wife to enjoy looking at the water, without having to leave our home. I even built a sunroom onto our home that overlooks one of the ponds, so that we both can enjoy the view from inside our home. Both of the ponds are stocked with a VERY LARGE fish that have survived for many years.
fish_20200729_171402a.jpg
Some of these fish are almost as long as my arm.

Unfortunately, part of our land gets a large amount of storm run off, from a neighbors land, that is proposed to be used as part of an Industrial Solar Project. The run off is partially due to alterations the new owner of the adjoining land made after purchasing the land, thus causing me to perform extra excavation every year, in order to protect one of my ponds from flooding and receiving extra mud and other contaminants that could be harmful to my fish.
ftwriver_20210228_084204a.jpg
An example of rivers crossing my land from the neighbors property.

My one fear is that by installing solar panels on the neighbors land, the storm drainage that comes onto my land, could and most likely WILL contain remnants of hazardous chemicals that will harm my fish.

On top of that issue, is the fact that we get lots of deer and other wildlife, coming to our ponds including ducks, geese and yesterday I even spotted a White Tailed Bald Eagle sitting in a weeping willow tree right next to one of the ponds.
deergeese_20210307_180513a.jpg
There are TWO geese and several deer in this image, but due to it getting dark, they are hard to see.

Again, we KNOW that solar panels contain toxic chemicals that can cause cancer in humans, and we know that water will run off the glass panels and when there is to much water for the ground to absorb, it will take the route of least resistance and run downhill.

Therefore if the installation of solar panels next to my property will require me to create new and higher dams or other type of excavation in order to protect the water of those ponds AND the wildlife that drinks that water, are there any regulations anywhere in this country that could protect me, my land and the wildlife that drinks from my ponds?

If any attorney reads this post anywhere on the internet and would like to represent me or my family in a lawsuit against the solar developer, county zoning board, county council, or neighbor and has connections where they can get someone licensed in the state of Indiana, please respond to "Widowmaker" via the forum on No Solar Wind. Org or contact the website admin and they can forward my email to you.
Widowmaker

Re: Wildlife vs Solar Panels

Post by Widowmaker »

geeseflock_20210304_065120a.jpg
A Flock of Geese in the image above

I had a few more images to show but since there is a limit on this site, I had to add them as a reply.

If the solar developer has his way, they will fence in all four sides of my home, except for my driveway, which is 1/4 mile long, thus preventing the deer from gaining access to my ponds.
3deer_20210402_185001a.jpg
It is hard to see at sunset, but there are THREE whitetail deer leaving the pond, after coming for a drink.

Return to “Lawsuits against Solar”