Grandview Town Hall Meeting 7-12-23 VIDEO

This forum is for county wide information instead of just for the citizens of one town or part of the county.
FTW
Site Admin

Grandview Town Hall Meeting 7-12-23 VIDEO

Post by FTW »

I finally had time to review the video of the Grandview Town Meeting at the Civic Center from last Wednesday.
I also marked a few notable facts and time.

Notes from Grandview Recording

Attorney claimed 34 parcels outside of Grandview instead of 36.
He also claimed 14 parcels approved by county instead of 19
He also mentioned both county and city passed ordinances in 2019
It was mentioned no one objected when the Grandview Board of Zoning Appeals voted, but who was told there would be a meeting to discuss this?
Georgetown Board of Appeals vs Keene at 11:27 in tape
Attorney states at 12:51 on tape that it involves 30 day notice, but nothing in the report mentions that case being about a 30 day notice.

Issues

Residents from outside of the town of Grandview were told by Donna Burrows that since they did not live inside the town limits, something along the lines of “we could not speak or had no say.”
According to Grandview Town Attorney, the fact that the board of zoning appeals did not recognize that these parcels were outside of their jurisdiction, was a major issue. (Time 14:19)
According to Grandview Town Attorney, the fact that several parcels may not have received a notice of the meeting, is an issue. (Time: 14:29)
Time ( 14:43) According to Grandview Town Attorney, the fact that nothing noted above was brought up within 30 days means it is waved.
15:07 Town attorney blames Grandview Board members or residents for not speaking up in 2019 and stating they did not have jurisdiction.
15:10 Town attorney said the land owners should have spoken up and said the town did not have jurisdiction in 2019, as if residents are supposed to know what the regulations are, when the town and county attorneys did not mention it.
15:15 claims residents should have spoken up and told the town they could not pass a special exception that lasted more then one year.
15:29 Grandview attorney stated the County should have told Grandview they did not have the legal authority.
18:00 Information about Zoning Board Administrator
18:45 July 12, 2023, Town Attorney met the Board of Zoning Appeals for the first time, in spite of being the town attorney since February 2023.
19:04 Town Attorney stated he believes the Town Zoning Administrator SHOULD approve the solar project.

20:36 Starts Questions from the Public
31:56 Board of Zoning Appeals Members. James Harris, Stan Hoss, Trisha Addis, Daniel Framon. ( Spelling of these names was a wild guess, so I apologize for any mistakes.)
David Nix “Might” be the person siting at the end of the table.
34:03 Stan Hoss admits the Board of Zoning Appeals thought they were voting for ONE parcel of land ONLY and not anything in the county.
46:00 questions ended. They promised 30 minutes and only offered 26 minutes, cutting off someone that had a question.
48:56 Gordon Sheets, VP of the Board of Grandview. Recommended that KIETH does not sign this agreement.
51:10 The Board of Zoning Appeals votes to NOT approve the zoning.

Now the final word seems to be up to the Grandview Zoning Administrator, someone named Kieth.

I have uploaded it to: https://rumble.com/v3089fw-grandview-in ... 12-23.html
Becky

Re: Grandview Town Hall Meeting 7-12-23 VIDEO

Post by Becky »

As I read through these notes, there were a couple things that I question:

“Several parcels may not have received a notice of the meeting, is an issue” - If they didn’t know anything about what was happening, HOW could they object?

“Town attorney blames Grandview Board members or residents for not speaking up in 2019 and stating they did not have jurisdiction.” - Wouldn’t that be the Attorneys Job???

Return to “Spencer County News, Facts and Comments”