Lawsuit Against a Farmer Leasing Land to Solar Developer

SS & FA

Lawsuit Against a Farmer Leasing Land to Solar Developer

Post by SS & FA »

Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

3/26/20

Does anyone here know of any cases where one person was able to successfully sue a single property owner for installing a solar farm, instead of going after the solar developer or the local zoning board?

The case I am thinking about is someone that bought a farm, in order to farm it.
Then within 3 or 4 years, started talking to a solar company.

Right about the time we was talking with the solar developer, he got the government to help pay for work on the farm to control the water erosion and drainage "for his farm."

And before the work was performed on the land, he signed papers with the solar developer to convert the farm to a solar farm.

According to the government agent that met with the farmer, the farmer NEVER mentioned the conversion over to a solar farm, because they would not have helped pay for the work, if the land was not going to be used for growing crops or cattle.
SS & FA

Re: Lawsuit Against a Farmer Leasing Land to Solar Developer

Post by SS & FA »

Reply Made By: Facebook User Ellie Hud, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

This is an interesting idea..if farmers are afraid they will be sued by neighbors then they end up potentially losing the money they are counting on from the solar energy companies.

I never thought of that before.
I believe one of the most important things we can do is set legal precedents so down the line more and more people who own fields will think twice before signing land leases with these solar energy companies.
SS & FA

Post by SS & FA »

Reply Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

I figure it SHOULD be a lot easier to fight against one farmer, then it would be to fight against a multi-million developer that already has an army of lawyers working for them.

Now, all I have to do is find an attorney licensed in Indiana, that is willing and capable of filing the lawsuit.

Since it involves defrauding the FED government I might even be able to get some org to help furnish representation.
SS & FA

Post by SS & FA »

Todd McCauslin Posted a Comment to David Herman in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

I am just curious as to the basis of your law suit against property owner, i would like to do the same, but wouldn't your elected officials be more directly responsible than the landowner, if these officials created a solar ordinance to allow landowners to do this in the first place?
SS & FA

Post by SS & FA »

Pat Troxell Posted in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

If it weren't for the property owners the solar farms wouldn't get their foot in the door to begin with...
SS & FA

Post by SS & FA »

Facebook User David Herman Replied to Todd McCauslin, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

The basis for the lawsuit is erosion caused by changes in the property belonging to multiple land owners.

They removed trees and dry dams, thus causing my property to flood when ever we get a heavy rain.

I own enough heavy farm equipment that I can smooth out the ruts every year, but since they are putting in solar panels, I figure why should I spend my remaining years cleaning up after their mess.

I figure either they NOT install solar farms or they can pay to have someone grade and fill in the ruts every year for me, or better yet, buy me a new trackhoe, sand pan, tractor, grader blade and house. LOL

Return to “Lawsuits”