What Can Go Wrong on a Solar Farm?

Suzy

What Can Go Wrong on a Solar Farm?

Post by Suzy »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Samantha Main, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
November 14, 2020
s-main5.jpeg
Look, the solar industry are telling us what can go wrong on a solar farm for us! 🤣🤣

Here are 16 of the potential failures or damages that can occur on a solar farm and how they could impact operations if not addressed in a timely manner.

Click the following link to read the entire article: https://www.altenergymag.com/article/20 ... QTTHxPRzQc
Suzy

Re: What Can Go Wrong on a Solar Farm?

Post by Suzy »

Norman Stephens
Thanks for this info. Our planning commission will more than likely be addressing a solar ordinance sometime this year.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Terri Carlson
Randy
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Thomas Honaker
Absolutely
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

David Herman
Thanks Samantha Main
Does anyone know what the phrase " proper water and wind flow within the facility are elevated" involves? I am working on a story for multiple websites and social media sites where I will be using some of the items in the article Samatha posted and am not sure of the EXACT relationship they are referring to. Below is the exact quote. "Racking Erosion. Eroding structures can be a nightmare for a PV facility. Once the structural integrity is degraded, risks to proper water and wind flow within the facility are elevated which can gravely impact the functioning of the facility. As racking moves, panels are moved from their optimal positioning and energy generation suffers"
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Samantha Main
David Herman
I don't know, but at a guess it sounds like a dislodged panel, caused by damaged supports, would put the uniform patterns of water and wind over the panels out of whack. Gaps either side of a panel would cause water to trickle through, possibly causing water damage to the underlying structure and electronics. Wind could also get through the gaps and do the same. Essentially weather erosion would be focused on those gaps, rather than having an even flow over the panels. Think of it like a tiled roof in a storm. If they all hold the wind and rain falls evenly over the roof. If one tile gets dislodged and falls out many others follow suit. I think anyway.

Return to “Solar Energy Information”