Town Of Holland Taxpayers Charged $495.00 For One Letter

Save Our Farmland

Post by Save Our Farmland »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Ellie Hud in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
July 29, 2020

When the Joint Development Agreement for the proposed solar plant was finished by the Town of Holland Board Members I requested a copy of it. NOTE: Board Members have allowed ZERO public input on this agreement. Obviously they think they know better then property owners what to look out for. Our legal advisors tell me the public has a right to read the JDA. Don Becker, Chairman, had the town lawyer draft a response to my Freedom of Information Act request telling me they would not let me read the JDA. I then asked for the total amount the lawyer charged we the taxpayers for writing that letter. It took two months for the information to be sent to me. I just rec'd it. Here is the letter in full:

Good morning Ellen,
This email is being sent in response to your request for information on June 22nd, 2020. The last regular statement received from the Town attorney shows that their firm charged the Town $495.00 for research and drafting of the public records request response letter. The time spent on this matter was on May 13 (0.3 hr) and May 21 (1.9 hr); a total of 2.2 hours at $225/hr.

Thank you,
Janelle Kaiser
Clerk-Treasurer
Town of Holland – Sheboygan County

Wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper to have let me read the JDA? What is the Board hiding that they are willing to pay $500 to keep it from us? Recall anyone!!!!!
Attachments
ellie-JDA.jpg
ellie-JDA.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 687 times
SS & FA

Re: Town Of Holland Taxpayers Charged $495.00 For One Letter

Post by SS & FA »

Reply Made By: Facebook User Robert Hudovernik, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! WHAT ARE THEY HIDING THAT IS MAKING THEM SPEND $500 OF TOWN OF HOLLAND TAXPAYER'S MONEY????????

I don't know about you, but this certainly reinforces me suspicions that they are up to something very ILLEGAL!!!!!

Return to “Onion River Project”