Never Forget

Matilda

Never Forget

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 14, 2020

NEVER FORGET

How many group leaders and long time fighters against local solar farms, can remember what the first week of your life was like, after you discovered someone was trying to build solar farms close to your home or community?

Do you remember the confusion, anger and feeling of hopelessness? One of the main things I remember was the lack of information on the Internet as to how to fight against a solar farm developer and local commissioners.

Until I became a NIMBY person, I never complained or gave much attention to solar farms. But that first week changed my life forever.

As vast and informative as the Internet is, the one question that confused me the most was, “Why is it so hard to find comments or articles from people that once fought against a solar farm and lost?”

I was unable to find comments or complaints made by neighbors “after” the solar farm was built. I wondered if they moved away. Did they sell their home for less money then it was worth? Where did they move to, in order to not have to go through the same thing again.

Many of these questions have never been answered in my mind. But they did inspire me to write articles, take photographs of solar farms under development, talk to neighbors that are watching farms being built and realize just how many people have given up the fight for their own homes.

What surprises me the most is just how many people seem to have crawled off into a corner and quit. There are so many petitions and websites that have lapsed and become extinct because the people behind them gave up.

As a member of OPNR and it’s subsidiaries, such as Stop Solar Farms, I can assure you that many of our volunteers are not only in this fight for the rest of our lives, but the intensity and manor which we are researching and exposing truths is growing.

While I may not personally be on Facebook each and every day, rest assured that I am working 7 days a week on research, training and developing new ideas.

As such, if anyone out there wants to volunteer to help us stop solar or wind farms, stop political corruption, stop destroying farm land or stop destroying historical artifacts, in any way, please contact me.

I may not always reply on Facebook but I am notified whenever emails from volunteers require my attention and we can always use extra help writing letters to new website visitors that are just now starting to fight against big business, corrupt politicians and uncaring communities.

So, I implore you to remember how you felt and what you went through when you first started this fight and take a few minutes of your life to reach out and help someone else.

We can also use researchers, experienced web designers or individuals wanting to learn how to upload and edit articles for websites as well as PR reps, organizers, graphic artists, proofreaders, facebook group admins and monitors.

And remember, we are strictly grass roots. We are not doing this for fame or fortune, but rather to help our fellow neighbors by giving them a fish and then teaching them how to fish, so they can feed themselves as well as pass along that which they have learned from us and from life.
Matilda

Re: Never Forget

Post by Matilda »

Rob Lucas
I'm currently dealing with the same issues of being a minority on community pages. "why wouldn't you want solar" "who cares what someone else does with THEIR land" the ones making the comments don't have to live in the middle of it because it isn't directly affecting them. It just becomes very exhausting.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Samantha Main
Rob Lucas
with some of the things I'm learning about solar, I'm not even sure I'd want it on my roof. Let alone the loss of agricultural land and biodiversity. I bet some of those are the same people who don't want the Amazon rainforest cleared for farming, yet they don't realise that the need for the food doesn't disappear just becuase the field did. It will pop up somewhere.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
Rob Lucas
have you been in touch with Denise Spooner from Madison County, Indiana? She has found an exhaustive amount of time filing an evidence to counter false promises and representations of solar companies. She has put together about information/documents that is about 5 inches tall. We are all compiling information we have gathered. It would be beneficial for you to have as well.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Rob Lucas
Jennifer Knebel
I have not. I actually live in Ohio and hoping to find more information to support my concerns. Unfortunately no one wants to look at the big picture and what taking away thousands of acres of farm land does to the entire eco system. No one wants to see the environmental impact and is too blind sided by the dollar signs. Trust me I completely understand how it's enticing! But look at other options. At first I wasn't ever a big fan of the wind mills but at least they are going to effect the habitat.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Rob Lucas
Jennifer Knebel
most people are like myself too busy with their everyday life and full time jobs to spend countless hours defending you case
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
Rob Lucas
I understand. That's what the solar companies bank on. Come in under the radar, and by the time non participating families find out, it's very late. Their success is furthered by people being too busy and lacking time/energy/money to try and stop them.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
Destruction of home property values and the environment/water are two of my biggest concerns.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
I know the struggle is hard, but we either sink or swim and while I am ready to move to another area if I have to, regardless of where I live, I will fight as long as I am alive, in order to help others. What is happening is wrong and I am not the type of person to just stand by and watch others continue to get hurt. One of the new projects I am currently working on is compiling before and after images of solar farms. And these images will be exposing the names of individuals and companies that are responsible for these atrocities.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
David Herman
somehow we have got to gets clowns in DC involved!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Robert Fleming
Moira Killian Davis
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Terri Carlson
I believe the reason that you haven't heard complaints from "non-participants" is because many have signed a gag order.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Samantha Main
The first week (about 3 weeks ago now) was exhausting. And it hasn't let up. This quote had a whole new meaning to me. This is a nightmare, but I'm here, at this place, at this moment, for a reason. I may not know what is needed, but I'll do my best to become what is needed.
s-mains.jpg
s-mains.jpg (18.6 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Jennifer Knebel
Exactly what happened in Pulaski County, Indiana. Several families went off the radar, immediately. Agreements were made, gag orders are part of this.

Return to “How Solar Farms Affected My Life”