Troy Solar Images

Matilda

Troy Solar Images

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User David Herman, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 15, 2020
troysolar1_595.jpg
DO NOT SHARE
New Images Coming

We have been working on a new idea regarding solar farm/project images.

We have decided to post before and after images of solar farms into a new photo album on one of our websites. It will display before and after images of solar projects to give the public a more realistic concept of how ugly these projects are.

The new image program is great for allowing extra large views of details, however if you click on an image TWICE in order to enlarge it to the maximum size, you have to use your BACK browser button, in order to return to the album or gallery links.

We have only uploaded ONE dual photo displaying the before and after view as a test and would appreciate feedback from experienced graphic artists as well as non-experienced computer users.

Thanks, and please do NOT share the attached link to other groups or pages YET, until we get the other images converted over.
https://stopsolarfarms.com/pics/Spencer ... LajVqMCmwI
Matilda

Re: Troy Solar Images

Post by Matilda »

Suzie Browning
What happened to the house?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Not sure which house you are talking about. The one on Hwy 545, between cr 900 and cr 950, is still there, but surrounded by green fencing on three sides.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Kristil Harrell
On mobile device, if you click the picture it takes you to a page with two pictures, you can not large view them
moble.jpg
moble.jpg (4.59 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Kristil Harrell
Thanks for the feedback. Since I don't use mobile devices, I will have one of our other designers work on setting it up for smaller screens. Feedback like this is very helpful.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Ruthann Wike
Kristil Harrell I pulled the picture up on my cell phone. Like you, it would not large view them, but using my fingers I was able to make them as large as I wanted.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Rob Lucas
Please let me know when I can share this post. I live in Ohio and dealing with the same issues. Unfortunately I'm a minority in the argument as the farmers around me stand to make millions over the life of this project.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
Rob Lucas
what company is in your area?
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Rob Lucas
Blake Newkirk
ACCIONA and Samsung I believe
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Blake Newkirk
Rob Lucas
I sent you a pm
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Rob Lucas
You can share the link below. Not all of the images will have the before and after, because we need to get locals to gather images of the exact spot AFTER the fences are up, plus we need to verify the exact location of barns, sheds and homes that were torn down to make room for the solar panels. And the last reps we sent to this exact site were told by the property owner he didn't want anyone taking photos of his property. Of course, since our volunteers were on a public road, instead of private property, he couldn't stop anyone, but we want to make sure the next people we send out, have backup video camera's to film any protestors trying to stop us. Anyway, here is the link you can share.
https://stopsolarfarms.com/pics/Spencer-County-Indiana/
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Christine Demko Demas
This is the best idea ever. But my feedback is... the "after" photo must be the same angle and view as the before. I should be able to match up that fire hydrant.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
Thank you for the feedback. The idea of having the images at the same angle is something we are working on. The before images are taken from Google street maps and as such, they are taken at a much higher elevation, so we are discussing finding a tall pickup truck that someone can stand up in the back, in order to get the after images. It still may not be exactly the same angle, but we are trying to get it as close as possible.

Return to “Troy”