What Studies Used?

Suzy

What Studies Used?

Post by Suzy »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Renee Marie, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
October 18, 2020

Question! What studies are the solar companies using to show commissioners there is no evidence of property value depreciation?

Andrew Lines study?
Suzy

Re: What Studies Used?

Post by Suzy »

Todd McCauslin
Cohen Reznick Lines Study from Chicago with false data and no only 1-2 control points is the only one I am aware. University of Texas in 2018 reported up to 20% property value loss/distance scale for properties within 1,000 of an industrial power plant
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Todd McCauslin
do you have the link to this one?
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Suzy

Post by Suzy »

David Herman
Denise would be the expert on that and has some great sources. Also, I have a link that displays property assessments for tax purposes in Indiana and some counties in Wisconsin & NJ that I can share. It will go back several years, so you can compare current assessment vs pre solar assessment.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Todd McCauslin
David Herman
thanks and I am sure trying to sell a house during the construction phase or before the 10 year buffer screens grow to truly hide 12' panels and barbed wire would be even more impactful.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Todd McCauslin
yeah the only way we might recoup is if we wait... and then they’ll start decommissioning.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
David Herman
but according to Mohammed, the lawyer at Penn State extension, they have no plans to EVER decommission.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Renee Marie
can you tell me more about this Penn State Extension Lawyer? Where did you/he hear that they don’t ever plan to decommission? Is this in writing somewhere? I really would like to see this and know more, if possible.
There could be more to add to this story.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Denise Spooner
I’ll get the link to the webinar they did!
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
You might need a bottle of wine to get through it.
https://extension.psu.edu/utility-scale ... xRKkZ1qu08
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Denise Spooner
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Thanks! I wish I was a wine drinker, lol....just can't handle the alcohol, ~ but I will break out the dark chocolate hahaha!
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Todd McCauslin
Renee Marie
thanks, I would be interested in the attorney full name and link as well.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
Todd McCauslin
Mohammed Badissy the link is above.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
Oh goodness....that was definitely hard to sit through and I found myself yelling at my IPad on a few occasions. They leave out sooooo much important, relevant information! They act like solar is so awesome and they talk about better siting, but never really explain what that is. Instead, they just offer so many scenarios and situations that leaves the listener even more confused. It’s just insane! They needed an economist, an Agronomists, some real estate brokers and an Appraiser on that panel !! And how about a scientist who can REALLY explain this carbon issue, and that it’s all a bunch of made up 💩 that we have global warming!! If it wasn’t a lie, then we wouldn’t be destroying our planet to save it....meaning the carbon footprint of producing turbines and solar panels takes away from the majority of the benefit! If ya want to reduce carbon, leave cornfields alone...increase Ag production! Sigh! It’s just mind-boggling and it is so hard to know the truth and tippy toe and walk on eggshells around the ignorant because I will come off as a conspiracy theorist and crazy radical. But seriously....it doesn’t take much common sense to realize all the lies and fallacies! I do appreciate watching it, - just for the fact that it has given me wisdom in the next document that I have to write so I can pray for direction with my words to reach people “where they are”.....which is blinded by dollar signs and motivated by a false fear that our planet is gonna burn up.
Oh - and yes- although Mohammed did explain he felt the Developer wouldn’t ever decommission the project, I wouldn’t want people to listen to this indoctrination. I’ll be able to explain that concept in my next document in a common sense way without having to quote an expert. Thx for posting this resource.....now to find my chocolate! 😂😜🤪
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Renee Marie
I’d love to read your papers! This weekend I’ve been dissecting our county ordinance!
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Debra Sites Ozminski
Its bull crap if you are told or think property values do not drop . Go a head do your own research. Show people pics of solar farms . Ask people would you buy a house around it. Or beside it or in middle of it? Ask go on.
Suzy

Post by Suzy »

Denise Spooner
The main studies that I have seen are Cohn Reznick, Andrew Lines, and the information from Richard Kirkland Appraisals. There is also a flyer put out by SEIA (Solar Energy Industries Association) that tries to mention all of these and then attempts to claim that those opposing views are “myths”. The truth is that what is within all of the mentioned studies that the Developers used is NOT what is being proposed. They are lying to us all, ~ no doubt about that. Here are the pics of that flier:

Return to “Property Values”