Solar Effect on Livestock

Matilda

Solar Effect on Livestock

Post by Matilda »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Dusty Rother, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
November 12, 2020

Does anyone have any information on how the solar panels affect livestock and possibly some links? The proposed solar field in our area would be right next to where we have a few cows and hogs. Cows are sensitive to electric and I am worried about the possibility of stray voltage causing harm to our animals. Thank you
Matilda

Re: Solar Effect on Livestock

Post by Matilda »

Sherri Gilliland Brantley
We need to call them Industrial-Scale Solar Plants. They are not farms. It is used to make people feel safe.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Megan Pearson
Sherri, thank you! I recently had to speak in front of council on these industrial power producing facilities. I refuse to call them farms. It's an intentional misnomer.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

David Herman
There was a news article from the UK some time ago, stating that cows were dying. The farmers suspected it had something to do with either solar or wind projects in the area, but I don't know if they ever has a follow up to the story or found proof as to what was causing the deaths. On another note, I have neighbors that own cattle and horses, that have gotten out of a fenced in area in the past. Living in hill country, my fear is that once the solar developers put in tall chain link fences on both sides of the road, if an animal does get loose, it will become trapped on the road way and some car can top a hill and hit the animal. We had someone on an atv get hit and killed on that road a couple of years ago, so we don't need a bunch of accidents caused by cows and horses trapped on the road.
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Thomas Honaker
panels are loaded with toxins and cancer causing chemicals
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Terri Carlson
Dusty-that is also a big concern of mine. We have a flock of Icelandic sheep. The solar farm that will be built here will be directly south and east of our pastures.

Return to “Solar Effects on Wildlife & Livestock”