Ohio Man Lost Health and Home Over Wind Farm

Discussions relating to the hidden cost of Solar and Wind Projects.
FTW
Site Admin

Ohio Man Lost Health and Home Over Wind Farm

Post by FTW »

๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐“๐ฎ๐ซ๐›๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ž๐ก๐ข๐จ ๐Œ๐š๐ง ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
ohiowind3.jpeg
Here is a very disturbing letter written by a Van Wert, Ohio Resident to the Ohio Legislature and
Governor Mike DeWine
. The wind industry spends $millions to keep these kinds of stories from gaining public attention. Please ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
ohiowind1.jpeg
"Dear sir,
I am writing to you in regard to the setbacks for locating these wind turbines in proximity to homes and the deficiencies of current policies.

I will relate a brief version of my own experiences with the Blue Creek Wind Farm in Van Wert County. My home was at Sugar Rd., well inside the perimeter of the wind farm. I suffer from cervical arachnoiditis and bilateral spinal stenosis as the result of complications from vertebral fusions in my cervical spine causing me pain, muscle spasms and other neurogenic symptoms. One of my doctors advised me early on that as this condition progresses I will eventually succumb to total spastic paralysis and possibly blindness as well.

Based on my own research at the time, my chief concern was that my greatest risk was from prolonged exposure to the low frequency noise and infrasound that would be generated by the wind farm once it began operation.
ohiowind2.jpeg
However, when the wind farm actually began operating the reality was far more brutal, almost immediately I experienced extreme discomfort and headaches.

This was not a continuous phenomena, but depended on wind speed and direction. There was no way to anticipate these events in advance and for the most part there was no way of detecting this other than my own discomfort, pain and by feeling for vibrations from surfaces in my home.

Within a few of weeks after the wind farm began operating the afflicted portions of my spine became highly inflamed, causing me constant discomfort and pain which became agonizing when these emissions climbed. Sometimes simply ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž offered some relief, other times I had to ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ.

The wind turbine closest to my home would frequently make an extremely ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐จ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž which sounded like a jet taking off about 1500 feet from my home, only it just stayed there hanging in one spot roaring for hours. When these events occurred the only recourse I had was to ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ.

Frequently vibratory incidents occurred during the night, there were many times I didnโ€™t wake quickly enough and when I did I was in ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ข๐ง requiring me to wake my wife and have her drive me away from our home. Eventually I no longer stayed there over night and was forced to limit my time there.

What do you do about a home you owe money for yet cannot live in? I am disabled, my income is limited, I could not afford two house payments nor even rent on an additional place. I informed the bank of my predicament, initially I was going to help them to sell the property. However, after a brief discussion with an attorney I discovered there would be considerable risk of litigation for me from a buyer should I choose to do this.

In any case who would want to buy a home from a seller who couldnโ€™t live in it for reasons of health? ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ข๐ซ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐š๐›๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ.

Prior to the wind farmโ€™s approval my property was appraised at $73,000, at sheriffโ€™s sale it sold for the minimum bid of $28,000. I attended the sale, it was purchased by the bank in a failed ploy to drive up the bidding. The bank later listed the property for sale at $18,900, marking it down to $๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”,๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฅ๐ž.

This can be easily verified by consulting the county auditorโ€™s records. I was financially ruined by the loss of this property and other financial damages related to the forced move. I have never been compensated for the losses.

The dangers of infrasound generated by these industrial wind turbines were well documented over a decade before these wind farms were built. I would like to call your attention to research into wind turbine generated low frequency noise and infrasound. These reports are readily available on the internet as pdf downloads, I have attempted to provide enough detail that you may access them. Please see the information below."

CC to:
Senator Rob McColley
Bill Reineke
Click for Ohio
Senator Matt Huffman
Speaker Bob Cupp:
Craig Riedel
ohiowind7.png

Return to โ€œCost of Solar and Wind Farmsโ€