Onion River Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)

Mary

Onion River Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)

Post by Mary »

Original Post Made By: Facebook User Ellie Hud, in the Facebook Group: Stop Solar Farms
December 4, 2020

CALL TO ARMS!!!!!

HELLO FELLOW SOLAR FIGHTERS! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin is attempting to bypass an extensive Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) from the Department of Natural Resources.

The PSC is taking comments on this through Monday, December 7th. Would you please consider posting a comment for us by cutting and pasting our sample comment letter below, editing however you wish, or writing your own comment? The more comments we get, the greater chance we have to slow this down and shut it down!!!!

BTW, there are no restrictions listed on WHO COMMENTS, so if you wish, please write about your own issues with Ranger Power, solar farms, etc.
ellie-doc-4.jpg
ellie-doc-5.jpg
ellie-doc-6.jpg
THANK YOU AND PLEASE ASK US TO DO THE SAME FOR YOU IF YOU NEED COMMENTS!!!!
Mary

Re: Onion River Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)

Post by Mary »

Robert Hudovernik
December 4, 2020

NEW OPEN RANGER POWER ONION RIVER SOLAR COMMENTS!! PERIOD ENDS DECEMBER 7, 2020 BEFORE 6PM MONDAY. HELP SAVE OUR ONION RIVER FROM BEING DESTROYED!

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS! The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin is once again accepting comments through December 7th. THIS TIME, they want your input on whether or not you want them to do a more complete environmental study of the Onion River Solar ecosystem. They recently finished what is called an EA- Environmental Assessment, and they have concluded that there is no need for further research in the form of what is called an EIS- Environmental Impact Statement, a more extensive environmental study done by the DNR. Please see the attached letter from Adam Ingwell of the PSC of Wisconsin for more information.

After personally studying Ranger Power's incomplete and biased corporate application as well as finding huge gaps in the EA from the PSC, I believe the Onion River Project NEEDS AN EIS!!!

If you agree there needs to be an EIS, please MAKE A COMMENT TODAY using the following link:
https://apps.psc.wi.gov/ERF/ERF/comment ... mment.aspx...

READ COMMENTS HERE THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE BY YOUR NEIGHBORS:
https://apps.psc.wi.gov/.../content/searchResult.aspx...

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHER SOLAR SITES AND ASK THEM TO COMMENT TOO! There are no restrictions listed on who may comment. If you have had a bad experience with Ranger Power, Please Comment. If you support our efforts to request an EIS, please comment!! Thank You!
----------------------------------------------------
HERE IS A SAMPLE COMMENT LETTER. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CUT & PASTE THIS, EDIT & PERSONALIZE WITH YOUR OWN CONCERNS.

Dear Mr. Ingwell, and the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin:

I strongly believe that the PSC must do an in depth EIS for the Ranger Power Onion River Solar proposal. I do not believe Ranger Power has been transparent with their application and more research needs to be done because I do not think we have the whole picture.

Both Ranger Power and the Town of Holland board have been negligent in informing us, the residents of the Town of Holland, Cedar Grove, Belgium and Oostburg, and Sheboygan County from the beginning about this project. I feel that they have purposely been excluding us from the democratic process.

Since neither Ranger Power or our Town of Holland board has been notifying us of opportunities to comment on the Onion River Solar project, I also believe it is the PSC's responsibility to do more promotion and advertising of this project by reaching out to local media such as radio and tv stations, newspapers and magazines.

This is a mammoth industrial solar proposal which over a 40 years period (or more, based on RP's application's implications) could potentially severely damage our local environment, our wildlife and birds, our property values and most importantly, our health!!!

For all of these reasons, I urge you to conduct an extensive EIS for the Onion River Solar project.

Thank you,
Sincerely
NAME
----------------------------------------------------
DNR INFORMATIONAL LINK ON EIS:
https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/eia
Mary

Re: Onion River Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)

Post by Mary »

Julie Aikens Langan
Done

Return to “Onion River Project”